Location: Hood River, Oregon and Remote
We’re looking for a Full-Stack Engineer to join our rapidly growing team. In joining us, you will be part of how we’re transforming the way sustainable finance is powered in capital markets. Kestrel is the market leader for verified green, social, and sustainability municipal bonds—poised for rapid growth of our environmental, social, governance (ESG) data product. As a Full-Stack Engineer, you’ll use various technologies to build and evolve Kestrel’s back-end data engineering and delivery platform. As an early member of our engineering team, you will have an opportunity to work closely with our internal departments to ensure the success of Kestrel’s platform delivering ESG Data to our clients.
Kestrel 360 is a Women’s Business Enterprise dedicated to providing strong analytic products and services to support the growing market in sustainable and socially responsible fixed-income investing. Our mission is to identify environmental, climate and social benefits inherent in financed activities in order to help investors make informed decisions. We provide ESG data to capital markets. Our team is united through a strong work ethic, a culture of integrity, a dedication to creating real value and true service to our customers, and a commitment to a gratifying work environment where each person’s unique contributions are valued.
We’ll trust you to:
- Design, implement, and maintain platform microservices by writing high-quality, readable code.
- Work directly with the Product team to analyze business problems and design innovative solutions to respond quickly to needs of our internal customers.
- Participate in design discussions and sprint planning, and serve as a resource for development across Kestrel’s software stack.
- Participate in technical design and code reviews.
- Be a high-performing contributor on a high-functioning engineering team.
- Meet timelines and budget for the development, delivery, and deployment of all technological services.
- Maintain a focus on the customer and the delivery of Kestrel data products to market.
- Collaborate with our current data and software engineering partner to develop internal data analytics and deliver platform software functionality.
You’ll need to have:
- Minimum 4 years of experience designing and implementing back-end systems in Java and MySQL or Postgres.
- Minimum 3 years of experience architecting and developing distributed systems running in a virtualized cloud environment (GCP preferred).
- Minimum 2 years of experience designing and implementing REST APIs for data serialization.
- Expertise in at least two OauthV2 grant types.
- Experience building and operating scaled, highly available SaaS/PaaS cloud infrastructure.
- Experience delivering highly secure software (must have led or helped lead at least one certification such as PCI DSS, ISO27001, or SOC2).
- Deep familiarity with cloud services at Azure, AWS, or GCP.
- Exceptional professionalism and customer service skills.
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills.
- Proactive problem-solving with strong decision-making skills.
We’d love to see:
- Experience designing and implementing software for the financial services industry.
- Experience with the creation and delivery of ESG analytics.
- Experience with data curation and delivery business models.
- A passion for impact.
We offer a competitive compensation package, paid time off, contribution to healthcare premium, and much more.
It is the policy of Kestrel 360 to provide equal opportunity to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, creed, color, sex, age, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other legally protected status.
This policy applies to all aspects of the employment relationship, including recruitment, selection, promotion, termination, layoff, transfer, benefits, compensation, training and facilities. In return, each employee of the organization is obligated to perform the duties and responsibilities of their position in accordance with the terms of this policy.