ESG Analyst I
K-12 Education and Multiple Sectors
Location: Hood River, Oregon and Remote
We’re looking for mission-driven, motivated individuals to join our fast-growing organization. Environmental, social, and governance (ESG) factors are crucial for evaluating impact. At Kestrel, our ESG Analysts evaluate bond-financed activities against established standards and criteria, qualify debt instruments for sustainable finance labels, and provide technically accurate written rationales of results. As an Analyst, you will evaluate ESG factors in multiple sectors such as K-12 education, water and wastewater, public facilities, transportation, and affordable housing.
Kestrel 360 is a Women’s Business Enterprise dedicated to providing strong analytic products and services to support the growing market in sustainable and socially responsible fixed-income investing. The purpose of our work is to identify environmental, climate, and social benefits inherent in financed activities in order to help investors make informed decisions. We provide ESG data to capital markets. Our team is united through a strong work ethic, a culture of integrity, a dedication to creating real value and true service to our customers, and a commitment to a gratifying work environment where each person’s unique contributions are valued.
We’ll trust you to:
- Analyze ESG factors in multiple sectors such as K-12 education, water and wastewater, public facilities, transportation, and affordable housing.
- Evaluate and score bond-financed activities against established standards and criteria.
- Perform research to add value and perspective to ESG factors.
- Assess eligibility for green and social bond designations in US and international markets, for both public and corporate finance transactions in a variety of sectors.
- Ensure ESG data integrity, quality, and consistency by following and improving our procedures.
- Contribute to a collaborative, vibrant, and positive work culture.
You’ll need to have:
- Extraordinary critical thinking and writing skills.
- Understanding of principles and best practices of sustainability, climate action, environmental justice, or other positive change within one or more sectors.
- Understanding of principles and best practices of municipal operations including planning, environmental regulation, and/or permitting.
- Stamina to efficiently complete repetitive tasks of evaluating and scoring bond-financed activities.
- Ability to be a self-starter and collaborative team player.
- Ability to be comfortable with ambiguity and pivot quickly when needed.
We’d love to see:
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree in urban studies, environmental sciences, social sciences, water management, civil engineering, public health, education, finance, or related field.
- One or more years of experience in these sectors: transportation, water and sewer, energy utilities, urban planning, green buildings, or climate change adaptation and resilience.
Salary is commensurate with qualifications and experience of the chosen candidate and may range from $64,000 to $85,000. Kestrel 360 offers employee benefits including a health premium contribution, paid time off, and paid holidays.
Does this sound like you?
To apply, please submit your responses to the questions below along with your resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
- What is your salary expectation?
- When can you start if you are hired?
- In two to three sentences, describe your work experience in municipal government, public finance, nonprofit administration, early-stage companies, growth companies, sustainable investing as it relates to this position.
- Do you now, or will you in the future, require sponsorship for an employment visa to work legally for Kestrel in the United States?
It is the policy of Kestrel 360, Inc. to provide equal opportunity to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, creed, color, sex, age, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other legally protected status. Please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments to be made for the recruitment process.